AOWMA members continue to strengthen and shape the onsite wastewater industry through their role as important stewards of the environment and key players in rural land use planning.
The AOWMA continues to grow with its membership of over 1000 onsite wastewater professionals.
- Influencing provincial and municipal regulations
AOWMA Board and Committee Members represent all members by participating in and sitting on a variety of committees and boards both provincially and nationally.
- Setting the national standard for onsite training. The AOWMA training program is recognized throughout Canada as the premier onsite wastewater certification program.
- Influencing land use planning in Western Canada. The AOWMA administration consults with local, regional & provincial governing agencies providing information on onsite wastewater technologies and resources to help them build effective and sustainable wastewater treatment and disposal policies.
- Spearheading onsite system research and development. The AOWMA participates in ongoing research on onsite technologies.
- Public education and consultation. A key component of having a healthy and effective onsite industry is ensuring that homeowners have access to the information they need to make sound decisions regarding their onsite wastewater systems. The AOWMA provides that information to the general public, acting as a resource and providing referrals to our member professionals.
- Holding industry information and networking sessions. The AOWMA will continue regional meetings in order to maintain open lines of communication with our membership.
- Quarterly newsletters are emailed or mailed out, keeping members abreast with advancements in the onsite industry.
On the business front, members can benefit from:
- Website listing – Members are listed on our website directory in the regions in which they work. Homeowners utilize this directory service daily to locate contractors in their area.
- Referral service – The AOWMA regularly receives calls from homeowners requesting referrals to contractors in their region. The AOWMA only refers callers to AOWMA members.
- Online Member Forum – Pose technical questions on onsite wastewater issues and discuss solutions with fellow practitioners and professionals. Network with your fellow members.
- Customized business insurance programs through Lloyd Sadd or the Sustainable Infrastructure Society. This insurance program provides those coverages not generally available through business insurance such as Errors and Omissions coverage and Pollution Liability.
- Office Supply Discount Program – Every company has an office to provide infrastructure to their business and every office uses business supplies. Through a partnership with Staples Advantage/Corporate Express, AOWMA members may take advantage of savings of 60% or more on stationery and shop supplies. Staples Advantage/Corporate Express delivers your order right to your door, saving you time. Because options are a good thing, members can also choose to take advantage of a partnership with Grand & Toy Office Max. This program offers discounted office supplies, free delivery, and Max Bucks. Members can save up to 65% on stationery and office supplies. Even if your small office uses only $1000/year in supplies, a savings of 60% more than pays for your annual association membership fees.
- Credit card processing. If you have customers that want to pay with a major credit card, and you do not have the capability of accepting credit card payments, then let us process that payment for you. Keep that cash flow moving by using our credit card processing service.
- Complimentary subscription to Onsite Installer Magazine.
- You can save 10% on work clothes by presenting the wallet card included in your membership package at the till with your purchases from any Mark’s Work Wearhouse outlet.
- Soils Sampling – We have partnered with three great companies, giving you options for soils testing. Take advantage of a 20% discount for soil sampling with either of the following companies: Kaizen Laboratories – just call Kaizen at 403.297.0411 or Down To Earth Labs – phone 403.328.1133 for more information. Or take advantage of a 30% discount for Particle Size Analysis by Hydrometer from CARO Analytical Services – phone 877.769.9646 for more information.
- A Group Health Plan with Lane Quinn Benefit Consultants to help you with prescriptions, eyeglasses, dental, critical illnesses and other coverages you may require.
Over the course of 2016, the AOWMA will continue to build its business service discount program incentives for members, so stay tuned for even more benefits to come.