2013 Call for Papers
Alberta Onsite Wastewater Management Association
February 21, 22 & 23, 2013
The Alberta Onsite Wastewater Management Association (AOWMA) welcomes abstracts for papers to be presented at the Annual Conference being held in February 2013. The conference will take place in Edmonton on February 21, 22 & 23. Presenters are invited to submit their papers for consideration.
The AOWMA annual conference serves the onsite professionals in Alberta by providing the opportunity to learn about the newest information, research, technology, regulatory changes, experiences and practices in their field as well as the opportunity to network with their peers and view the newest technologies available to the industry.
Two types of abstracts are open for considerations:
- Technical topics including both cases studies with limited data and research projects with a larger data set.
- Policy topics dealing with regulation and policy, management issues, etc.
They can be presented in a range of formats:
b) 30 – 45 minute presentations in either breakout or plenary sessions
c) Panel discussions and topic seminars 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours
All subject matter relating to decentralized systems is open for submission, including but not limited to:
- Influence of onsite systems on the surrounding eco systems
- Modelling the fate of wastewater constituents: treatment processes and soil environments
- Treatment processes: process level understanding of commonly used treatment components
- Innovative products, technologies, and solutions for wastewater treatment
- Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products
- Nitrogen related research and case studies
- Cluster system design and application
- Reuse case studies and research
- System performance evaluation
- Modeling of decentralized systems
- Soil and site evaluation research and evaluation tools
- Fundamental decentralized related research
- Standards, regulations and policy
- Effective planning and management.
- Cluster Systems
- At-Grade Systems
- Responsible management entities
- Performance Standards
- Education, training and certification
- Successful planning and management strategies to assure performance
- Integrated water resource management strategies
Abstract and Paper Deadlines
- Abstract submittals are due by November 15, 2012.
- Abstracts may be submitted by fax to (780) 486.7414, by email to email@example.com or by mail to AOWMA, 18303 – 60th Avenue, Edmonton, AB T6M 1T7.
- Confirmation of abstracts submission will be sent via email within one week of the abstract being received.
- Individuals will be notified of the Convention Committee’s selection by December 15, 2012 and provided with instructions regarding paper criteria and format. A draft agenda will also be provided at this time. This information will also be available on the web site at www.aowma.com
- Approved submittals are to be produced as papers and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and editing by December 31, 2012.
- Comments and/or edited papers will be returned to the author three weeks prior to the event.
- Final papers must be provided to the AOWMA office in electronic format to be included in the proceedings and conference ten days prior to the event.
Please include the following information with your submittal:
- Title of paper
- Abstract – 200 to 300 word description of the proposed paper and presentation.
- Name of Lead Author and Presenter
- Affiliation of Lead Author and Presenter
- Address of Lead Author and Presenter
- Phone number and email address of Lead Author/Presenter
- Names of co-authors, if any.
- A short biography of Presenter in paragraph form that includes educational degrees and description of experience as it relates to the onsite industry. A photograph should accompany the biography.
- Abstract Type, i.e. technical or policy
- Format for presentation:
- 30 – 45 minute presentations in either breakout or plenary sessions.
- Panel discussions and topic seminars 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours.
- Session topic in which your paper best fits.